Creative Sewing Workshops
Your Index to Learning Videos (COMING SOON)
These will be in "green" as soon as they're available to view.
- How to Measure your pattern for better Fit
- Sew 3 types of zippers better and easier
- Sewing princess seams--from the shoulder or armhole: a straight seam sewn to a curved seam
- Walking a seam: comparing the lengths of 2 curved seams
- Sew in a fitted sleeve
- Sew a collar and collar band
- 3 ways to sew on a cuff
- How to draft a facing
- 7 different types of fusible interfacings and how to use them
- The anatomy of a dart and how to sew it correctly
- Dart manipulation (transfer)
- Draft & sew a side seam pocket
- Draft & sew a slant pocket
- 3 ways to sew a welt pocket
- Sew a yoke (no hand-stitching)
- Sew a continuous lap (no hand-stitching)
- Draft a lining for an unlined jacket
- Sew a lining in a jacket
- Sew a lining in a skirt or pant
- Sew a skirt vent with lining
- How to "true your seams"
- How to "walk a seamline" pattern piece to pattern piece
- How to match plaids
- How to miter a corner on hems
- 3 ways to sew a waistband
- How to grade your pattern up or down a size
- 9 popular seam finishes
- 9 popular hem finishes
There are many free videos online for various techniques in sewing. But, I want to share with you technical information from all the years of sewing that I have done as a custom dressmaker. Sewing your garments "well" will show that you can be proud of your skills as an sewer. Don't be satisfied with your work being "just ok".
I have included many free tutorials for you to view and the others at a small cost to allow me to do this work for you.